Monday, June 4, 2007

Army print in fashion.

Alot of fashions these days include army print clothing, everything from shirts, to pants, to purses. theirs even the new fad of army styled hats. although these can sometimes look really cool, at the same time ive recently been wondering if its a bit disrespectful. lots of teenagers these days will just be wearing some army hat to try to look cool. what kind of a statement is this clothing making though ? is it disrespect ? or is it actually a respectful way to remind people of our troops and the wars across the world? maybe its supposed to be an anti-war statement ? then again, maybe its just another stupid idea from some fashion designer, used to help make more money for the fashion industry. never the less, i still think that this strikes me as an odd thing to come into fashion.

2 comments:

sallyspaghetti said...

i think that this is a really interesting point. . i'm anti-war, but at the same time i actually really like my army hat. haha. wow i feel like a hypocrite now.

MzQbit said...

Hmm, I never really thought about the implications of the trendiness of camo. How thought provoking. Hmm, I will think twice when I put my army pants on next time. Thanks for making me think about this!